Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Story of Us! Part One

Anyone else believe in fate? Destiny?

I always thought it was a sweet idea, but didn't really put much stock in it .... until I met Keither.

Date:  June 12, 2009
Place: Comcast Center, Mansfield MA
Occasion: Brad Paisley concert (Seriously.)

Here's proof:



Crappy Blackberry photo taken as my sister and I walked into the concert. Ahhh we were so excited!

The actual meeting went a little something like this:

Sister and I find our seats, sit down with two drinks in hand, enjoying the opening act, Dierks Bentley. (Another great love of mine)

Mid-way through his second song, we were interrupted by a group of people who needed to get by us to their seats.

In walks....boy, girl, boy ..... and then Keith.

He was busy juggling his two drinks to take much notice of us, except to say "excuse me" but my heart stopped. Those baby blue eyes had me.

See what I mean? 
He takes his seat....one seat over from me. The concert starts...my sister cannot see due to man sitting in front of her wearing large cowboy hat. She moves to empty seat between me and Blue-Eyes. I am slightly jealous.

Our seats!

After a few songs my sister strikes up a conversation with him. Again I am jealous! She eventually pulls me into the conversation and we spend the rest of the concert hanging out, drinking and singing along. 

When the concert ends, he asks us if we want to hang out with him and his friends at their car. (I swear this did not sound creepy at the time!) Getting out of the parking lot at the Comcast Center is a nightmare, so we agree it would be better to hang out and grill some food with them, rather than sit impatiently in our car for two hours.

His friends were equally awesome and we had so much fun hanging out with them. (Hi Shawn, Naomi and Marc!!) Eventually Keith came over to me and handed me his phone, which was open to a New Contact screen :) He couldn't figure out how to spell my name so he just had me do it!

We left that night and I felt like I was on cloud nine. Driving home, I received a text message from him asking if we could hang out again.

Smitten as I was, there was a minor complication that needed to be taken care of before I could say yes!

Stay tuned for the next chapter :)

Where did you meet your fiance? Anyone else meet at a concert?

No comments:

Post a Comment