Monday, March 12, 2012

In Review -- A Shellac Mani

In preparation for my upcoming wedding, I'm trying to get my beauty routine in order. I figured I would start with my nails. I've been growing them out, because while I want them to be long (er), I don't want to have to get fake nails, I want to be able to use my own, real nails.

I plan to give gel nails a go at some point, but decided to first try Shellac. I've tried Shellac several times before, all with horrible results. Maybe it's because Shellac was still brand new then, and salons were still getting the hang of the application process, but I wanted to try it once more before writing it off for good.

The color I chose for this application was called Strawberry Smoothie, because I wanted something light, and bridal-like.



Not bad huh? They look pretty good! The color seems to be a little too "pink" for me I think though, and I don't like how you can see my natural nail through the polish. It's a great color in general though, but just not for my wedding day.

In my previous Shellac experiences, my day three --- and definitely by day seven --- my nails were chipping and half peeled off. Not this time though!


How good do they still look?! I am so incredibly impressed with how my nails are still holding up! And I put my hands through the ringer too --- I am constantly washing them, and doing tons of projects. I've been painting a lot too --- but you would never know by how well the Shellac has held up.

I still want to give gel a try, but I think I may have found the solution I'm looking for. This is going to be perfect for our wedding and honeymoon! Now to just find the right color....A french maybe? I heard that OPI has come out with a Shellac line in their best selling colors, so I'm thinking about trying Bubble Bath :)

No comments:

Post a Comment