Wednesday, February 1, 2012

And the men wore grey....

I've talked an awful lot about my dress and my bridesmaid dresses. I struggled over what we, the girls, would wear because there are so many freaking options. For the guys, I really didn't give it much thought. Sorry boys!


My colors are (just to refresh your memory) navy and white with pops of a lime-y, apple-y green color. My girls will be in floor-length navy silk-shantung gowns. Since our wedding does fall a bit on the fancier side, I knew that I wanted the guys to be in tuxes. But not black tuxes. I personally don't like the way that navy and black look together, I think that it kind of looks like a bruise. Not exactly the look we are going for :/

  
Not loving this look so much..../Image via picasaweb.google.com


Plus, both are really dark colors for a mid-July wedding and I didn't think it flowed with our overall theme. I still wanted it to be "summer-y". Then one day, a few months ago, I fell in love with these photos:


Image via Charlotte Geary Photography

  
Image via red ribbon studio
I loved the grey! And so did Keith, which is even more important since he is the one wearing it. They look light and summer-y but because they are tuxes, they still look formal. And as much as I love the stripe ties in the second photo, I love the solid navy better.


So we went to our local Men's Wearhouse a couple Saturdays ago to see what we had for options. We chose MW because they have locations everywhere and because they advertise a free tux rental for the groom with 5 other rentals. Since we need a total of 9 rentals, Keith's will be free. Score! Anyway, back to our visit...it turns out, we only have ONE option, so the choice was pretty much made for us.



Calvin Klein tux/ Image via menswearhouse.com
We decided against the vest, and opted for a white tie for Keith (to match me of course) and navy blue ties for the groomsmen. I am so excited to see how handsome the boys looked all dressed up!

Anyone else agree with me on the whole black/blue thing? What are your guys going to wear? 

No comments:

Post a Comment