Friday, January 6, 2012

Pretty Tables :)


Quick! Think about the last wedding that you went to....do you remember what the tables looked like? Maybe? No, not really? My point exactly. Ok, well maybe because we are brides, we pay more attention to these things than the average person. If I were to ask any of my single friends who don't have wedding-on-the-brain, no one would be able to tell me.

I have struggled with centerpieces since Day One. (Yes, don't remind me that I've struggled with decisions on everything else too. Today we are talking about centerpieces, ok? K thanks.)


As you already know, I adore flowers. So naturally I just assumed that I would have floral, nautical centerpieces. When I met with M, my florist, I even brought her pictures like this:
I love everything about this table, from the chairs to the linens to the centerpieces. Gorgeous! / Image via greentreaphotography.net

I love galvanized pails. How pretty is this table? / Image via onestylishbride.com

I think the branches look very "beachy", don't you? / Image via studioblush.blogspot.com


Because of my indecisiveness, we agreed to do two different kinds of centerpieces, and have half the tables with one kind and half with the other. But then I saw my quote for 17 floral centerpieces and almost had a heart attack. Over $1300. Just for centerpieces. 


As much as I love flowers, I knew I needed to look for other options, if for no other reason than to have something to compare to floral centerpieces. And I found things like this:


I like the incorporation of the sea (starfish) and a few flowers / Image via red-wedding-chairs-1228.blogspot.com  

I do love starfish! And candles! / Image via weddingwire.com


This one makes me so happy! I love the different heights of candles and the flowers on the table! / Image via  Weddingbee, Mrs. Lemon! 
A simple vase of one kind of flower plus the candles / Image via marthastewart.com


So now I'm torn on what to do! Do I keep all floral centerpieces? A little of both? Just candles? Please help me decide! What do you think I should pick?

1 comment:

  1. I like the first picture of the starfish & vase... but I think it would look great with some candles around it too! I also don't think it would be too expensive to have those small bunches of hydrangea, either. We're just doing a few flowers per table and it was affordable (plus wine glasses and candles).

    ReplyDelete