Monday, January 2, 2012

DIY --- Please find your seat!

In a previous post, I talked about my choices for seating cards. I left you with the escort card I had chosen as can be seen here .

I ended up buying four, white shadow boxes from a fellow bride on weddingbee. Yay for the Classifieds on the 'bee!

I plan on filling the boxes with sand, and standing up my escort cards in them.

Making these cards was actually very easy, but it did take awhile because I had to make 175!! I think all in all, I spent almost 7 hours on them. I am so happy with the way that they turned out though, so no regrets here.

The great thing about these cards is that you can personalize them with any color or symbol that fits your theme. Since my theme is navy and white with anchors, I purchased an anchor punch from Martha Stewart. I love all things Martha. I also purchased navy blue textured 12x12 cardstock and a pack of white 4x6 cardstock.

Step 1: Cut  your back cards.


I was able to get 10 cards out of one 12x12 sheet of cardstock. I used a system of trial and error to get the size right. The finished one is 2x5.

Step 2: Cut the white cardstock to size, mine are 1 3/4x4 1/2. It's such a random size but it's what worked for me.

Step 3: Punch the white card:


Step 4: Put the two pieces together






I originally used Glue Dots, but the thing broke after about 20 cards! grrrr. I ended up using basic stick glue on the remaining cards, and it worked just fine.

Finished product:
 

I really love how these came out and I can't wait to display them at our reception! Now all I have to do is work on my penmanship so I can address these :)

Do you think I was crazy to spend 7 hours on these? What's the longest DIY project you've done so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment