Honestly, until I got engaged, I did not know the difference between seating cards and escort cards. I am pretty sure that I am not alone in this! (See here for a simple and easy explanation if you're unsure like I was!)
I knew that I wanted really cool escort cards. And I wanted to somehow tie in our "nautical" theme. I didn't want just cards on a table, I wanted something fun. Here were a few of the ideas I was loving!
![]() |
| These seem like they might be a lot of work, but who doesn't love a message in a bottle? /Image via loloeventdesign.com |
![]() |
| I love these ribbon boards! So creative! / Image via libbyjamesblog.com |
![]() |
| I love bakers twine. And the sandbox! / Image via bridalguide.com |
![]() |
| I am a sucker for starfish!! And again with the sandbox! / Image via theknot.com |
![]() |
| Sailor knot bracelets! How fitting! They could be displayed with a tag attached with the guest name and seat / Image via Etsy |
![]() |
| Local jam is cute and yummy! / Image via theknot.com |
Nothing was really sticking out though, or seemed right. Finally I decided to put all my favorite ideas together and see what I could come up with! Here's a sneak peek!!
I absolutely LOVE them. And they were honestly, so easy to make. Granted, I have to make 175 of them, so I'm sure I'll be cursing myself soon, but I'm so excited to get them all finished!
I promise to share my DIY instructions in my next post!
Did anyone else have some confusion with escort/seating cards? Do you have any fun ideas for how you'll show your guests to their seats?






I like the anchor motif a lot! I was in Delta Gamma sorority in college, and our symbol was the anchor, so I am always drawn to anchor things. :)
ReplyDeleteI really like the message in a bottle idea, too. I don't know if you can still incorporate that in some way in to your wedding (like having the guests write you advice/messages and put them in a bottle), but it would be super cute!