Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Changing Our Venue: Part 1

We chose the Andover Country Club many reasons. Its a convenient location for people traveling from all over the state. We liked the golf course views. It was reasonably priced. I knew the food would be yummy.

So then, why (?!?) after a couple of weeks, did I have a nagging feeling that something was not right? Well, I think it had a little something to do with continuing to see wedding photos like this:

Photo courtesy Forever Candid 
Photo Courtesy of Forever Candid 

Oceanfront Reception, Image courtesy Paul Johnson Photography
Are you sensing what was wrong? Yes, I was having a very hard time giving up my waterfront location. All my life, when I thought about how my photos would look, I imagined beach pictures. And I was really missing my nautical theme :/

Finally, I broke down to Keith and told him how I was feeling. Thankfully, he was SO supportive. He agreed that we shouldn't be spending thousands of dollars on something if it wasn't exactly what I wanted. We literally had ten days left to cancel ACC and get our deposit back. He told me that if I could find something else in our budget by then, we could change the reception location. 

This conversation took place on a Wednesday. On Saturday morning I was due to fly out to BM AC's bachelorette party weekend in Las Vegas. I had two days to make phone calls, schedule site visits and get details. I was a woman on a (very serious!) mission! 

Up next....finding my dream location! 

1 comment:

  1. good luck! Good for you for going with what you truly want, even if it is stressful..looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Do you have a wedding date yet?? I want to add you to my Blogging Brides Page! It's a great space to meet other brides getting married around the same time as you! info@lauraandchristopher.com or leave me a comment! hello from weddingbee!

    ReplyDelete