Thursday, December 1, 2011

Love is Sweet!

I love, love, love candy buffets. I mean, seeing photos like these, how could anyone not??


simplycandybuffets.com

Courtesy of big-wedding-tiny-budget,.com

beautiful-bridal.blogspot.com


As much as I loved this idea, I originally gave it the ax. Remember when I was afraid my ideas were kind of running wild and I was trying to remember that I didn't have to do everything just because I liked it? Well, it was during this time I decided against the candy buffet.

But then! One of my other bride friends (yes I am lucky to have several friends getting married in 2012!) and I had this amazing idea....since our weddings are only 7 weeks apart, why not split the cost of all the materials (minus the candy) and use everything at both our weddings? Genius! 

We are DIY-ing all of the favor bags (more to come on this later), and all the signs and decorations for the tables. Plus, thanks to all the boards on the bee, I have tons of great ideas on how to do this as inexpensively as possible. Obviously, I'm not skimping on the actual candy. :)

I've started collecting jars and vases and she is doing the same. So far, here is what we have!

Don't mind the random balls in that one in the middle. :)
I'm excited to start working on this project and am already thinking about all the mouth-watering candy choices that come in green, blue and white!! 

Did any of your ideas end up on the chopping board and then come back to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment