Monday, November 28, 2011

Pretty 'maids all in a row

A few weeks ago, I set out with a couple of my in-town bridesmaids to find a dress for them. Now, mind you, I have TEN bridesmaids. Some people hear that and think I'm crazy, but quite honestly, I can't imagine not having all these girls stand up with me on the most important day of my life. 

Having so many bridesmaids has been challenging because *of course* I want them all to wear the same dress. I see other brides who have mismatched dresses, or let the girls pick their own color and style, and they look beautiful! But for some reason, it just doesn't "go". It doesn't quite fit my vision. I realize that this can be tricky, but I was determined to make it work.

We got to the salon and I told the 4 girls to go nuts, pull whatever they liked and try 'em on! My only request was no chiffon. For some reason, I hate this fabric! Anyway, I figured we'd try on a few dresses, pick the winner and head to lunch and enjoy some wine. Boy was I wrong.

They tried on one-shoulder dresses, dresses with ruching and ruffles, strapless dresses, crumbcatcher dresses, pleated dresses, halter dresses, satin, taffeta....and nothing. Like, honest to goodness, we didn't like any of them.  Sensing my frustration, the sales girl brought over a couple of ---- gasp ---- chiffon dresses. At that point, I would have tried anything. And guess what?!

Success!! The dresses looked gorgeous and everyone felt comfortable in them. So now we have two winners! I have another 6 weeks before we need to make a decision, but for now, here is the front runner!

It is a Bill Levkoff, style 521, but we will order it in navy chiffon with a navy sash.

Did anyone else have to let go of what they thought they wanted? Has anyone else had any luck with finding one dress for multiple girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment