Ok, so while this post IS wedding related, it is not related to my wedding. Today, BM AP and I went wedding dress shopping!
AP is getting married just 6 weeks after Keith and I, and it has been so much fun having someone to do wedding-related activities with. Today, we went to the same salon where I bought my dress. I really loved the experience I had there, and my consultant was phenomenal. She listens and understands and just "gets" it. After working with countless brides, she really knows her stuff. With AP, boy did she knock it out of the park!
She tried on probably close to a dozen dresses and at the end of the hour, had three very strong contenders. We quickly narrowed those down to two. And then the dilemma began. Both gowns looked ah-mazing on her. They hugged her curves in all the right places, put emphasis on her tiny waist and more importantly, made her glow. Success! The problem, as I'm sure you know, is that you can only have one dress. Well sure, you could have more (ahem, Kim Kardashian) but for AP, and the rest of us who can't afford $17 million weddings, only wanted one. But which one??
We loved them both for different reasons, the first one was more of a wildcard, and my personal favorite. The second was more of her favorite, in part because it was such a classic, gorgeously simplistic style. She said it reminded her of my dress. Awww. I think I leaned toward the other because it didn't remind me of mine. Funny huh? The bottom line is, at the end of the day, it's her choice. She chose to sleep on it, and come back next Saturday with the rest of her bridal party to make her decision.
I made mine 4 1/2 months ago. Some days I doubt if I made the right one and I wonder if I played it too safe. Should I have taken more of a chance and chosen a dress with more of a "wow" factor? Or will I look back 20 years from now and see my dress as timeless, classic and always in style? My dress hasn't come in yet, so it's hard to say how I really feel about it. I do have some changes up my sleeve and a great seamstress at the ready, and I think once it's all said and done I'll be happy.
And whatever dress AP chooses, when those church doors open and she walks down that aisle, she is going to look stunning.
Because there really is nothing more beautiful than a glowing bride on her wedding day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment