Friday, November 4, 2011

...Love and Friendship...

I promised myself that today would be the day I would write a new post...I know, it's been weeks! This one is going to be a long one, so I am apologizing now :)

A few weeks ago, Keith and I traveled to Sacramento for the wedding of BM AC and her Freddy. Her wedding was truly amazing, emotional and so very them. I was so glad to be there, and be a part of her day. 
Isn't she beautiful??
I'm going to start with giving a little background information on my friendship with AC. We've obviously carried on a long-distance-friendship for most of the time we've known each other
In the winter of 2004 I moved from Boston, she moved from San Antonio to Sacramento and we both begin working at the same mortgage company. Our first week there, I asked her if she wanted to go shoe shopping on our lunch break. She said yes.
From then on, for the next year, we were inseparable. The memories I have of that time in my life, I will never forget. We were young and living life, without a clue of where we were headed!
The following fall, I moved back home and while we tried to keep in touch, we eventually lost contact for a few years—only speaking a couple times a year. Fast forward to the fall of 2008 and AC comes to visit! Even though it had been three years since we had last seen each other, it felt like no time had passed at all. It was around this time that she was starting to date Freddy, and over the course of that long weekend we had lots of girl-talk about this handsome guy that had captured her attention, and soon, her heart. 
After that visit, and ever since we were back to being inseparable. We talk almost daily, text constantly, and have tried to see each other at least once or twice a year.

Us in Miami, July 2010


I can’t even describe how much her friendship means to me. Looking back over the past 7 years, we have been through so much--from births to deaths, job losses, family drama, friend drama, bad relationships, you name it we went through it!  She is the friend that I can always count on, and I know that she is always there for me, no matter what. (Wellllll, except the day I got engaged. She was the last to know because her and Freddy were golfing and she left her phone inside. It was a long, torturous 4 hours for me!) Seriously though, I am so blessed to have her in my life. It’s really hard to hold onto friendships…not everyone is meant to be in your life forever. The night before her wedding, there we are….four girls squished in her king-size bed, staring at her wedding gown hanging on the closet door, and talking about how the next day was the only day she would wake up one person and go to bed another….and the beauty of it all just hit me. Her wedding was super emotional and I think I cried the whole day! I was just so happy for her and so proud of where both our lives had ended up, and thrilled that she had found “the one”.
I can’t wait for her to be a part of my wedding and all the festivities --- I’m looking forward to sharing my happy ending with her by my side.
And I know that at the end of the day, the details won’t matter much. I envision our day similar to hers, filled with lots of love and laughter, friends and family. Because really, isn’t that what life is all about? <3

No comments:

Post a Comment