Friday, December 30, 2011

Saying Yes! to the Dress

Yes, I left you hanging a bit yesterday.....please forgive me :) I didn't want to make you wait too long for the conclusion of this story so......

...A few weeks after my visit to Gianna's, I went on to Wedding-Gown-Shopping-Round-2. I decided to visit a salon called Pure Bliss, in Newburyport Ma. I had a friend buy her gown here and she had a really great experience. I also knew that they would be able to work with my budget. I was seriously stressing over how much a wedding dress was going to cost me. I know there are some people who are of the opinion that "you only get one day and one dress, so who cares what it costs" but I am not one of those people. I wanted a beautiful and amazing dress, but I also wanted to stay in the budget we had set.

I probably tried on 20+ dresses that day. Since my last appointment I was focused on romantic details and mermaid silhouettes, I wanted to go the opposite route this time, and make sure that I wasn't leaving anything out. I was unfortunately, not allowed to take any pictures here, so I don't have any of the dresses I tried on :/

None of that matters anyway, because about 10 dresses in, I put on THE gown. The dress was simple, classic and gorgeous. It somehow even "fit" my nautical theme. I kept going back to that one, over and over. I think that's when I *knew* that this was MY dress.

Even still, we went to lunch and sat on it. I thought about it. I called Keith. I thought about it some more. Then I called my MOH (who was working) and asked her if she could meet us at the salon after work, because I couldn't buy a dress without her being there.

She loved it as much as I did....and just like that, my decision was made. I placed my order and paid the deposit....and that was that! I originally didn't share my dress with very many people, because I really did want it to be a surprise.

When my dress came in (after SIX long months of waiting and many moments of doubt) and I put it on, all my fears flew out the window. This dress was still so perfect for my wedding. Standing there in the salon with my dress on all I could think about was how much I could not wait until July 14 to become a Mrs! <3

I learned a lot during this experience. Dress shopping is stressful. It's tiring. And for me, too many choices makes me very anxious. I had thought it was going to be super fun and easy, and was kind of amazed at how different it was. Still, the end result was more than worth the stress and anxiety that I (most likely!) brought upon myself! Anyone else feel this way? How many shopping trips did you go on before finding the right dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment