Friday, September 9, 2011

To video or not?

Videography always seems to be that one thing that brides are evenly split on. On one side, you have the brides who are fine with having some record their wedding, or have no wedding at all. And then on the other side, you have the brides who swear this is not something they can go without.

Where did I fall? Right smack in the middle, that's where.

Keith was of the opinion that if we could afford it, and if I really wanted it, then go for it. Aka, he left it up to me. Now, I don't do well with making decisions. I'm always over-thinking and over-analyzing, and then even when I do make a decision, I second guess it. *Sigh*

Finally, I decided that I would hire a videographer, but ONLY if I could have a specific one. Jeremy Folster, of Folster Video, did BM CC's wedding last year. Even now, I still get goose bumps when I watch their video. He is so incredibly talented and I loved his work.

So I emailed him and asked if he had our date available, and he did! It was a sign! Yes, I'm also a big believer in signs :)

I had a phone consultation with him and was so excited to talk about the details of the day, and our timeline and what I wanted him to shoot. He was able to give me some good advice on some other things I had been debating like, whether or not to do a receiving line (yes!) and if it would be "acceptable" for us to mingle with our guests at the cocktail hour before our reception (another yes!). It was nice to talk to someone who knew what he was talking about and give me some piece of mind on more than just videography.

This is the link to his website if you want to check out his work! I can't wait to see how our video comes out and I'm really looking forward to choosing the music he sets our 2-minute video to!

Where do you fall in this discussion? If you're already married, do you have any thoughts or regrets either way?

No comments:

Post a Comment