Friday, September 2, 2011

It's all about the numbers...


The guest list has for SURE been the biggest challenge we have faced so far, and it's still only 99% done. Originally I was going to do an "A" and a "B" list, and then I decided that was just going to create more work and hassle, and I didn't want anyone to find out and think they were second best. 

Keith has a huge family, and I don't. Our guest list ended up being split something like ..... 70/30. I preferred a smaller, more intimate wedding and he didn't want to offend any of his family by not inviting certain people. Inviting all his family, meant not being able to invite as many of his friends as he wanted. We went back and forth about it for close to two months. 

Our list started at 206, at one point was down to 165, then up again to 175 and now it is finally at 180, and although it might go up again, but 186 is probably the max. I hope.

I know they say to expect 15-20% won't be able to come, which will put us closer to the number we would ideally have preferred.  Looking at our guest list now, I know that each person on it has been a part of our lives, individually and together. Each person has touched our lives and helped to make us the people that we are today. So while I may have originally preferred that our guest list number be smaller, I am looking forward to celebrating with everyone. 

How did you determine your guest list? Did anyone do an A/B list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment