Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wedding Inspiration!


This post is probably long overdue....I imagine that most brides start by introducing their ideas and vision, and then launch into all the little details, but I guess I'm not one to follow the crowd. Such a rebel, I know ;)

As most people around me know, I am a total girly-girl. If this wedding were just about me, it would be pink and glittery everywhere. However, Keith, is a total guys-guy. His one request when I picked my color scheme? No pink.

:(

So, I set out to find something else that would match "us". We both love the water, and since I'm from Hawaii, I first wanted to do something beachy. Like this:

http://wevegotitchicago.blogspot.com/2010/05/get-blues.html


But, then I couldn't really find an outdoor beachy venue that fit, especially since we wanted a church ceremony, so I went back to the drawing board. And found this:

 http://www.groomsoldseparately.com/wedding-ideas-and-trends/wedding-boards/gss-wedding-inspiration-board-navy-blue-khaki-cream-nautical-wedding/
 Swoon! I loved it! It was preppy (very classic New England) but incorporated our love of the water and summer. I am using an anchor as a theme throughout and adding pops of lime green as an accent color. The groomsmen will wear green and navy striped ties, and the girls will wear navy blue, and carry green bouquets. Since we decided on this theme, I have scoured the internet and every blog and DIY site for ideas. And I have plenty! As we get closer to the big day, I'm looking forward to working on some of these projects.

Oh, and even though I was told I couldn't have pink, Keith did give in on one thing (because he loves me soooo much!)

http://sweetchicevents.com/blog/angela-phils-eaglewood-resort-wedding-part-1/3-erica-rose-photography-pink-peony-bouquet-vale-of-enna/

Yes, I will have an all-pink bridal bouquet <3 I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment