Early in my searches, one of the first places I considered was Danversport Yacht Club. However, their main ballroom was booked for all of the summer months of 2012, and the minimum was more than I wanted to spend. At this point, I decided to re-visit DYC because they do have another ballroom that I had not previously considered.
![]() |
| Image courtesy of Danversport.com |
![]() |
| Image courtesy of danversport.com |
Sigh. Well, it turns out that I should have either a) demanded they hold it or b) put down the deposit without Keith seeing it. He had been there before. He knew what it looked liked. He was happy, if I was happy. But I really wanted to him to see it. So I walked away. And as it turns out, lost the venue. Yep, someone came in on Saturday and put down a deposit.
It was not a pretty moment when I found this out. There were lots of tears and maybe even some yelling on my part. The poor woman who had to give me the bad news felt so awful for me, but the best she could offer me was August 4. I refused. I was not going to be an August bride. June 16 or July 14 were the only two dates I would consider. So back to the drawing board I went.
Two hours later, I was in my car (again with my amazing MOH in tow) going to look at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. This was a venue that I had known of, but never really considered because it's a bit farther from my church than I would have liked. But at this point, I had to consider everything. As soon as I walked in, I fell in love. This was my place. I loved the ballroom. I loved the room where the cocktail hour would be held. And it was right on the wharf. My pictures would be beautiful. Oh, I guess you probably want to see some of those, right?
![]() |
| The hotel from the wharf, Image courtesy of mywedding.com |
![]() |
| The gorgeous lobby, Image courtesy salemwaterfront.com |
| Image via theknot.com Yes sometimes there is an old schooner docked at the marina! |
Finally after over a month of venue-craziness,our search was over. We really had the right place this time! I felt bad for putting our families through the madness of finding a venue, but in the end it was worth it. I have no regrets about the place we chose and I know that it will be truly amazing.
.




I'm also a July 14th bride. :)
ReplyDeleteHi date twin! :) Where are you getting married?
ReplyDelete